Sometimes, even in the summer, the comfort of warm food is appealing. How to achieve this sumptuous end without grilling in blazing heat? I present a warming recipe for comforting, detoxing luncheon:
Chickpea Curry with Kale – serves 4-5
1 head raw kale, chopped
2 large onions, chopped small
2 cloves garlic, chopped small
2 tablespoons coconut oil
10 cloves whole
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp celtic sea salt
1tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp cumin
15oz can Eden brand garbanzo beans (keep liquid)
1 c. chopped fresh cilantro (1/2 a bunch)
1. Have your vegetables chopped. Combine all spices in a small dish. Set aside.
2. Fry onion over medium heat in large deep skillet with lid, using oil, until soft.
3. Add garlic and spices, stirring constantly, for about a minute.
4. Pour all of chickpeas and liquid into the skillet, add all of kale, and cover. Turn temperature down to low. Stir every so often until the kale turn a bright deep green.
5. Once done, stir in cilantro. Serve to enjoy.
The end result should look rather becoming, and your house might smell wonderful too…
Wonderful way to spice up the menu and provide warming chewy food. Do note that the amount of onions is quite significant and that the spices are potent. Vary as you see fit for your tastes and please mention anything you prefer with the dish. Suggestions are always welcome company!
Cheers for the final haul…(exam tomorrow), YYLady
PS- No, I am not paid to mention any particular ingredient. In regards to Eden, I prefer there products exclusively since Eden is the only company I know of with BPA-free lining and proper soaking techniques before cooking their legumes. I would not recommend or use anything else for my own family, so I like to share only what I consider most healthy.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2699720/the-flavor-and-times?claim=rjvr4m586fv”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>